The Health Communication series offers a forum for the vibrant and growing community of researchers exploring issues related to health communication through rhetorical, critical, and/or qualitative lenses of analysis. This scholarship raises significant questions about the terms, phrases, and vocabularies used to construct “health” in diverse contexts, and it considers the implications of those constructions for individuals and the societies in which they live.
Proposals for the series should be submitted to: Lyn Uhl, Executive Editor, Communication Studies at email@example.com. While UC Press Editors prefer electronic queries, you may send a hard copy submission to: Lyn Uhl, University of California Press, 155 Grand Ave, Suite 400, Oakland, CA 94612-3758, USA. If you would like to have your hard copy submission returned to you after consideration, please state this in writing and include a self-addressed stamped envelope. Please do not send original art with your submission.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN A PROPOSAL?
Go to the Authors: Book Proposal Guidelines and scroll down to read more under What Should Be in Your Proposal?
Robin E. Jensen is Professor of Communication at the University of Utah. She studies historical and contemporary discourses concerning health, science, sex, and gender. She is the author of Infertility: Tracing the History of a Transformative Term and Dirty Words: The Rhetoric of Public Sex Education, 1870-1924.
EDITORIAL ADVISORY BOARD
- Jeffrey A. Bennett, Associate Professor, Vanderbilt University
- Tasha N. Dubriwny, Associate Professor, Texas A&M University
- Elaine Hsieh, Professor, University of Oklahoma
- Jordynn Jack, Professor, University of North Carolina
- Jenell Johnson, Associate Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Lisa Keränen, Associate Professor, University of Colorado Denver
- John Lynch, Professor, University of Cincinnati
- Aimee Roundtree, Professor, Texas State University
- Shaunak Sastry, Associate Professor, University of Cincinnati
- Blake Scott, Professor, University of Central Florida