Exam and Desk Copies
Ingram Academic Services processes all desk and exam copy requests for University of California Press in the United States and Canada. To request a desk or exam copy, visit Ingram Academic. Then search by ISBN, title, or author, and select "Request Desk Copy" or "Request Exam Copy."
Policies and Fees
If you are a professor considering a book for adoption in your course, we will send you an exam copy for review, per fees stated below:
- $5.00 US per paperback exam copy
- $10.00 US per hardcover exam copy
Qualified professors in the U.S. and Canada are entitled to desk copies of adopted titles based on the total enrollment for the class:
- Enrollment 1-30 = One (1) desk copy
- Enrollment 31-50 = Two (2) desk copies
- Enrollment 51+ = Three (3) desk copies
If you require additional desk copies, email email@example.com
If you have already placed an adoption order for a book, use the "Request an Exam or Desk Copy" link as described above to request your desk copy.
We do not accept desk or exam copy requests by mail or fax.
If you have any questions or concerns about your request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allow 2 - 3 weeks for delivery from the book's publication date
- Please provide a street address. We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
- All exam copies are shipped via UPS.
- If you have any questions regarding an order completed on the Ingram Academic website, please email email@example.com.
- If you cannot locate a title on Ingram Academic or have other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UK & Europe
Inspection Copy Policy
Please provide the details of the course, number of students, and start date, and direct your inspection copy requests to:
University of California Press
Attn: Dawn Taryma
c/o John Wiley & Sons
LEC 1 - New Era Estate
Oldlands Way, Bognor Regis
West Sussex, PO22 9SA
Desk Copy Policy
If you have already recommended a book for student study, we will supply a free desk/teaching copy on receipt of course details—reference, number of students, start date—plus a copy of your bookstore order (minimum 5 copies). Apply on faculty letterhead to the address above for inspection copies.
Australia & New Zealand
For Higher Education lecturer evaluation / complimentary / review copy requests, access to instructor resources, sales rep inquiries
Requests from Outside the Above Territories