History at UC Press
UC Press has made its mark over decades by being at the cutting edge of new directions in social, cultural, and transnational history. We focus on issues that match our progressive mission, particularly on labor, migration, race, gender, the environment, public health, empire and resistance, criminal justice and social movements. With the California World History Library we have one of the premiere lists of research monographs in World History. Our World History books range from Big History to the Ancient and Early Modern World and the Modern period. UC Press also has particular strengths in Middle Eastern History, Latin American History, Asian History, Modern US History, and Modern British History. As the world continues down paths of crises of democracy, inequality, public health, environmental degradation and mass migration, UC Press looks for crucial answers in both the deep and recent past.
We invite you to browse the latest in History from UC Press.
Save 40% on UC Press Books
Every title is 40% off with AHA conference discount 20E3528
- Browse our selection of books for Asian History
- Browse our selection of books for British History
- Browse our selection of books for Latin American History
- Browse our selection of books for Middle Eastern History
- Browse our selection of books for Pre-modern History
- Browse our selection of books for United States History
- Browse our selection of books for World History
UC Press Blog Series
Here's what to look forward to now through June.
- Author interviews and guest posts
- Recommended books for courses
- Award announcements
- And more!
Sign Up for UC Press eNews to Stay Updated on New Books
Enter for a chance to win $100 worth of books. Sign up here.
Request Exam or Desk Copies
Are you an instructor? Visit any book's page to make your request.
View more History titles from UC Press