Mark your calendars for the chance to join Maxine Gordon in conversation about her acclaimed biography of late husband, Dexter Gordon:
- September 8, Sunday, 440 Gallery, Brooklyn, NY – 4 PM: One Breath Rising reading and book event
- September 12, Thursday, Piedmont Jazz Alliance, Footnote, Winston-Salem, NC – 6:30 PM: Author talk and book signing
- September 23, Monday, Fordham University, Bronx, NY – 2:30 PM: Bronx African American History Project event
- September 25, Wednesday, Jazz Alive, University of the District of Columbia, Washington, DC – 7 PM: Book discussion with Reuben Jackson
- September 29, Sunday, Monterey Jazz Festival, Monterey, CA – 3:34 PM: Pacific Jazz Café, in conversation with Angela Davis
- September 30, Monday, Mills College, Oakland, CA – 6 PM: Class presentation on Jazz and Civil Rights
- October 9, Wednesday, St. Louis Public Library – Schafly Library, St. Louis, MO – 7 PM: Jazz Speaks author event
- October 21-23, Monday-Wednesday, Bates College, Lewiston, ME: Class discussion and book event
- October 24, Thursday, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME: Class discussion and book event
Stay tuned here or visit www.maxinegordon.com for ongoing event details.
If you can’t make it to an in-person appearance, save 30% on Sophisticated Giant: The Life and Legacy of Dexter Gordon with promo code 19W3328.