Khaled Beydoun, author of American Islamophobia: Understanding the Roots and Rise of Fear is committed to sharing his passion, dedication, and energy in supporting and enriching communities. He says:
I spent much of 2015, 2016, and early 2017 on the road, speaking to undergraduates and graduate students, faculties, and community members, educating them about the meaning, parameters, and threat of Islamophobia, and in the process, hearing their personal stories, building friendships, and expanding my community during a time of national crisis and concern.
I have interwoven several of these stories in American Islamophobia, which presented an opportunity to memorialize the rich tapestry of experiences, memories, and people with whom I crossed paths. But most importantly, this book presented a lasting opportunity to extend my mission to educate people about Islam, Muslim Americans, and the deeply rooted and rising system—Islamophobia—that distorts, demonizes, and drives state and private violence against the faith and its adherents.
- April 7, 6:00pm at Casa Azfran, Nashville, TN
- April 8, 6:00pm with Murfreesboro Muslim Youth and American Muslim Advisory Council, Murfreesboro, TN
- April 9, 6:30pm with Akron University’s Muslim Law Student Association, Akron, OH
- April 12, 6:00pm at Arab American National Museum, Dearborn, MI
- April 13, 7:30pm again at the Arab American National Museum, Dearborn, MI
- April 16, 6:30pm, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- April 20, CAIR-Los Angeles / Anaheim, CA
- April 22, Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, Los Angeles, CA
- April 23, Cal State Long Beach, Long Beach, CA
- April 27, 9th Annual Islamophobia Conference, UC Berkeley, CA
- April 28, Bay Area Book Festival, Berkeley, CA
- May 2, 6:00pm, Seminary Co-op Bookstore, in Conversation with Ifrah Magan. Chicago, IL
- May 9, 7:00pm, The Carter Center, Atlanta, GA
- May 20, Brooklyn Museum, NY City Book Launch, Brooklyn, NY
- May 22, Arab American Association of New York, Brooklyn, NY
- May 24, Islamic Center of NYU Annual Fundraiser, NYC, NY
- May 25-26, Muslim Community Link, Worchester, MA
- June 1, CAIR-AZ, Phoenix, AZ
- June 2, Changing Hands Bookstore, Phoenix, AZ
- June 4, The Summit, Seattle, WA
- June 7, Busboys & Poets (14th and U), Washington, D.C.