We’re excited to attend this year’s American Sociological Association conference in Seattle, WA from August 20 – August 23. Below is a list of just some sessions featuring our wonderful UC Press authors! See the full online program schedule at ASA’s site. #ASA2016, #ASA16
And take a look at some of our ASA award-winning authors’ and their titles.
- Saturday, 8/20, 12:30 – 2:10pm, Plenary Session: Protesting Racism
- Monday, 8/22, 2:30 – 4:10pm: Author Meets Critic, The Scholar Denied
- Saturday, 8/20, 10:20am – 12:10pm, Section on Aging and the Life, Behaving Well: The Transition to Respectable Womanhood in Rural South Africa
- Sunday 8/21, 8:30 – 9:30am, Section on Community and Urban Sociology Refereed Roundtable Session, Hispanic Concentrated Poverty in Traditional and New Destinations, 2010-2014
Paul Attwell, Data Mining for the Social Sciences: An Introduction
- Saturday 8/20, 8:30 – 10:10am, Sociology of Higher Education, Class Inequality among College Graduates.
- Sunday 8/21, 12:30 – 2:10pm, Inequality and Privilege in Education, The Earnings Payoff from Attending a Selective College
- Monday 8/22, 10:30am – 12:10pm, College Affordability, Who Suffers and Who Benefits from Student Loans.
Joachim J. Savelsberg, Representing Mass Violence: Conflicting Responses to Human Rights Violations in Darfur
- Sunday 8/21, 10:30am – 12:10pm, Section on Political Sociology: How Political Culture Matters; Collective Memories, Political Culture, and Policy: The Case of Irish Humanitarianism
- Saturday 8/20, 8:30 – 10:10am, Section on Aging and the Life Course, Exploring Life Course and Network Mechanisms Underlying Prison-based Therapeutic Communities