Each December, Chez Pim and a global group of food bloggers hosts a fundraising campaign and charity raffle called Menu for Hope. This year, Menu for Hope benefits the United Nations World Food Programme‘s Purchase for Progress effort, that helps smallholder and low-income farmers by connecting them to markets.
Donors from around the world offer the raffle bid items, and this year, UC Press is joining the effort by offering a Wine Book Bonanza—your choice of any 5 books from our current list of wine titles. You can bid on this item with code WB08. Other bid items include meals at restaurants around the world, cooking classes, wine tastings, chocolate, kitchen tools, and much more. Check out the full list on Chez Pim. Menu for Hope 6 runs December 14-25, 2009.
Below are some instructions on how you can participate in Menu for Hope 6, and help support the UN World Food Programme. For more information, please visit Chez Pim or Vinography.com, two of the blogs hosting the campaign.
To Donate and Enter the Menu for Hope Raffle
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Choose a bid item or bid items of your choice from the Menu for Hope main bid item list on Chez Pim. Make note of the bid item code.
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which bid item you’d like in the ‘Your Comment’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per bid item, and please use the bid item code.
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02 – 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so Menu for Hope can claim the corporate match.
5. Please make sure not to check the box to hide your email address so that Menu for Hope can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone. If you do check this box to hide your e-mail address there is a good chance they will not be able to contact you in the event that you win.
Check back on Chez Pim on Monday, January 18 for the results of the raffle.