For the first time, University of California Press is offering this resource as an e-book. The Digital Jepson Manual provides an unparalleled new level of interactivity, portability, and convenience. Extensive linking and e-book–friendly illustrations make it easier for users to learn about plant characteristics and identify the native and naturalized plants of California—all in a format ideally suited for use in the field. Using readily available e-book readers, field researchers, students, and enthusiasts can click on links to rapidly navigate through keys to families, genera, species, and subspecies or varieties. Specific features of The Digital Jepson Manual include the following:
- Keys link forward and backward to other taxonomic levels.
- Plate references in taxonomic treatments link to plates for rapid reference.
- Plate captions link to taxonomic treatments.
- Individual taxon figures appear next to species descriptions, and full plates are gathered in a special section.
- Glossary terms link to any relevant illustrations.
- List of families links each family to its taxonomic treatment.
- Index is fully linked to taxonomic treatments.