University of California Press is one of the most forward-thinking scholarly publishers in the nation. For more than 100 years, it has championed work that influences public discourse and challenges the status quo in multiple fields of study. At a time of dramatic change for publishing and scholarship, we collaborate with scholars, librarians, authors, and students to stay ahead of today’s knowledge demands and shape the future of publishing.
The Press At A Glance
- Nonprofit publishing arm of the University of California system
- 25% of University of California Press authors are affiliated with the University of California
- Publishes on average 175 new books and 32 multi-issue journals in the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences
- Maintains approximately 4,000 book titles in print
- Publisher of Collabra and Luminos Open Access (OA) initiatives launching in 2015