UC Press is among the six largest university presses in the United States and, of these, is the only one located in the West and associated with a public university. UC Press:
- Publishes approximately 200 new books and 40 multi-issue journals annually
- Keeps in print approximately 4,000 titles
- Provides all journals and 2,000 books online
An international cast of authors: Writers, artists, journalists, and scholars working both within and outside the academy. About one-fourth are affiliated with the University of California.
Organization & Leadership
UC Press functions as a unit of the Office of the President, University of California.
Director: Alison Mudditt
Headquarters: Berkeley, California
Business and distribution services:
- California/Princeton Fulfillment Services, Ewing, New Jersey
- European marketing and distribution services in cooperation with Columbia and Princeton University Presses
UC Press Board of Directors: Provides financial oversight and includes leaders from business, publishing, and executive offices of the University of California Office of the President.
Editorial Committee: Approves every manuscript for publication and includes eminent faculty members representing all University campuses.
UC Press Foundation Board of Trustees: Raises funds on behalf of UC Press and includes distinguished volunteers active in the cultural communities of Northern and Southern California.